+40 (0) 744 375 340
adrian.dobre (AT) protonmail (DOT) ch
adriand (AT) aiesec (DOT) net
I am a marketing communications, education and development professional. While managing more than 15 projects in these fields in the past +7 years, I aimed to combine what’s best from each.
Managing projects in 5 countries, and in many more remotely, has taught me how to be an assertive leader and a collaborating team member. And there’s always room for better.
I learned how to appreciate multiculturalism while living and working in Romania, Slovenia, Belgium, Poland and Morocco, and made a habit out of learning foreign languages. I speak Romanian natively, fluent English and advanced French. Arabic, German, Spanish and Mandarin are in the learning plan.
Linux is my platform of choice and I prefer to use open-source apps as much as possible. I learned to bootstrap and be effective while working on low-budget projects, constantly seeking to get the most out of available resources.
I am a firm believer in achieving success without compromising ethics and my motto is “esse quam videri” – to be, rather than to seem.
Professional Experience History
April 2010 – Present, Self-employed (Creative-O.com), Consultant and Trainer, Romania, Belgium, Poland, Morocco
- 5 years of experience using Balanced Scorecard as the core tool for achieving objectives and tracking organizational goals, both locally and internationally, on-line and off-line
- Managed content, users and analytics for http://riffchannel.com/, http://Creative-O.com/ and http://Theworldonfoot.com/
- Trainer and facilitator at Belgian train-the-trainers seminar, with the topics: How do we learn? How adults learn?
- Organized independent creativity workshops (brainstorming) in Romania, Slovenia and Belgium
December 2012 – June 2013, More Than School, Business Administration and Courses, Morocco
- Changed the time and course management systems from paper-based to online by using cloud services (Google Apps) to make the work effective and unitary
May 2011 – November 2011, Electrolux HR-S Europe, Junior Learning and Development Specialist, Poland
- Created, implemented and updated training materials, and templates, that have replaced old global HR learning and development resources
- Organized training sessions, live and remote, in Europe and South Africa
- Organized and facilitated a brainstorming session to improve the Learning and Development SAP module
May 2010 – May 2011, Electrolux EMEA, Digital Communications Assistant, Belgium
- Part of the team working to produce and deliver content to lemenudecannes.com, a joint project between Electrolux EMEA, MSN, and Cannes Film Festival leading to Electrolux increasing its Facebook followers from 400 to more than 16,000
October 2008 – October 2009, Formitas BBDO Slovenia & BrandBusinessSchool, Account Assistant, Slovenia
- Cost-effectively managed marketing research teams in 9 European countries and territories (Czech-Republic, Poland, Serbia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia and Albania), with a 75% success rate on completion and accuracy
July 2008 – February 2009, AIESEC Slovenia, Vice-president Communications, Slovenia
- Led international teams of up to 10 people with successful results in the marketing communications area
- Account manager for media and publishing companies. The partnerships brought on-line exposure (studentarija.net), radio exposure (radiobelvi.si) and a branding partner (grafikarna.si) to AIESEC
April 2007 – June 2008, AIESEC Timisoara, Vice-president Branding Department, Romania
- Optimized the work of the communications department by redesigning the team structure. Managed a multi-functional team that acted as a center of expertise for the whole organization
- Managed up to 6 project-teams per semester, for on-line projects that achieved or exceeded their objectives
- Account manager for media and publishing companies. The partnerships brought +15,000 Eur worth of promotional materials to AIESEC
- Planned and organized more than 5 opening events, with audiences ranging from 70 to +200 participants
September 2005 – July 2006, British Council Timisoara, Customer Service Assistant, Romania
October 2003 – July 2005, StudenTim Magazine, Timisoara, Editor, Romania
March 2004 – January 2005, Rocka-Rolla Magazine, Timisoara, Editor, Romania
2013 – 2015 – Linköping University Sweden – Master’s in Adult Learning and Global Change
2003 – 2007 – West University of Timisoara – Bachelor in Journalism – English Language and Literature
2013 August – September – Wesleyan University on Coursera – Social Psychology (79.6%)
2013 July – September – Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München on Coursera – Competitive Strategy (94,2%)
2012 August – October – University of Pennsylvania on Coursera – Gamification (96.6%)
Authorized as a freelance Communications, Public Relations and Advertising Consultant
Certified Trainer by the Romanian National Authority for Qualifications (ANC)
Certified E-learning Developer by the Romanian National Authority for Qualifications (ANC)
Management Skills: Balanced Scorecard, Logical Framework Approach, Strategic Planning, Training and Coaching, Personal Effectiveness, Self Management, Time Management, Personal Goal Setting, Public Speaking
IT skills: Windows OS, Linux OS, Mac OS, Office (Microsoft, Open, Libre), Image Editing (Photoshop, GIMP), Vector Graphics (Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape), Video Editing (Premiere Pro), Sound Editing (Sonic Sound Forge, Audacity), CMS (WordPress, Joomla), LMS (Moodle, RWD uPerform), HTML, RStudio (RQDA) etc.
Language Skills: Romanian (native), English (fluent), French (advanced)
Distance swimming – 3rd place at Valiug Crossing 2015 in both 400m and 2000m races, running, cycling, hiking, playing guitar, improving on foreign languages and writing haiku.
Coralie Krener, More Than School, March 2013
Soucieux du travail bien fait, Monsieur Dobre a toujours su a se montrer à la hauteur de ses responsabilités, n’hésitant pas à prendre des initiatives favorables à la cohésion de l’équipe et au bon fonctionnement général de l’entreprise.
Par ailleurs, son sens de l’écoute, son calme et sa patience lui ont permis une bonne relation avec la clientèle, et une résolution aisé des conflits avec celle-ci. Quant au travail en équipe, Monsieur Dobre a fait preuve de serviabilité, d’honnêteté et d’une grande adaptabilité, favorisant ainsi la bonne entente et l’efficacité de notre travail à tous. Sa connaissance du milieu professionnel de divers pays est également une qualité de Monsieur Dobre qui a su s’en servir pour proposer des améliorations dans l’organisation de notre travail.
Daria Plona, Talent & Learning Coordinator, Electrolux-HRS Europe, October 2011
His work has always been very well planned and structured. Despite being new to the role, Adrian has presented his own improvement ideas and managed to implement them successfully.
Adrian is fascinated by brainstorming techniques and he presented his expertise in this area during the brainstorming session he moderated for our team on improving our tools and methods of work. He has also helped us to prepare an action plan and follow-up on the ideas.
Margit Trollnas, Change Management HR Transformation, Electrolux, October 2011
He found ways to improve the training material within an already established format. This was greatly appreciated by myself and others, as he contributed fresh ideas and a new perspective. He was collaborative and able to establish good relationships with different parts of the organization in a short amount of time.
Andrej Pompe, President, BrandBusinessSchool, June 2009
Adrian proved regularly to be a right-hand team member. He completed the intricate task of market research in several CEE countries using his personal network of contacts and managed the work, as well as the relationships, in a way that brought advantages to both sides.
In the Media
April 2014 – Banat Tv Resita – Cafeaua de Dimineata
April 2012 – Radio Resita – International Youth Seminar
April 2012 – Tion.ro – Working and living abroad
April 2010 – Adevarul – Profile
March 2010 – Radio Resita – Volunteering
May 2008 – Timisoreni.ro – AIESEC Marketing School
April 2008 – Timisoreni.ro – AIESEC Timisoara 15
April 2008 – Timisoreni.ro – AIESEC Business StartUp
October 2007 – Agenda – News
July 2007 – Timisoara Online – News